I tried a workshop of your Lilacbreasted Roller to experiment with some of the suggestions made by Jannie & Tim (tinman). I used ArcSoft Photo Studion 5 and added some brightness, contrast, colour saturation, and a pinch of unsharp mask. In my opinion, I think their advice were spot-on.
I did this workshop for 2 reasons; Firstly, to test the advice (not that I did not trust their expert advice), but to see how much of the true colour can one get out of the shady side of the bird. Secondly, to gain experience myself in posting workshops (by participating in the activity) and so get a feel whether others might find it acceptable.
I hope you like the result.
[view workshop] [compare] [thumbnails] [view original]