|Copyright: Sreya Dutta (envisage)
|Date Taken: 2008-09-05|
|Categories: Seascape, Ocean, Sky|
|Camera: Canon PowerShot A580|
|Exposure: f/2.6, 1/60 seconds|
|More Photo Info: [view]|
|Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop|
|Theme(s): Sunsets, Seascapes; Sea Views; Coastal Views, Sunset, The Beauty of Sunrise & Sunset, Pictured Symbolic Qualities of Sun, Mountain Sunsets, Sunrise & Sunsets [view contributor(s)]|
|Date Submitted: 2008-11-27 2:52|
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
|This beautiful facade of colors was seen during sunset at Nagaon beach near Alibaug. Famed for its fresh air, clean water and sands, Alibaug is a coastal town in Maharashtra. Situated at the south of Mumbai, this town is the headquarters of Raigad district.|
Alibag or Alibaug, is a coastal town and a municipal council in Raigad District in the Konkan region of Maharashtra, India. It is headquarters of the Raigad district. It is situated around 35 km south of Mumbai and is a popular weekend getaway for the citizens of Mumbai. It comes under the Konkan coast.
The captivating mix of tranquil, sleepy fishing villages and various beaches, that it provides makes it a popular weekend getaway for Mumbai revelers. The place boasts of being a well liked center for business conferences during weekdays.
What i thought was unique about these beaches, is that the sea is so calm, and the water so shallow, that you can walk in safely to these beaches near Alibaug. There are a number of beautiful beaches at and near Alibaug. Here is a list:
· Alibaug beach: This is the key beach of the town. The Kolaba fort becomes visible from here.
· Akshi Beach: It is situated 5 km away from Alibaug.
· Kihim Beach: Kihim is a private place at a distance of 12 km from Alibaug. The place is famous for intense cover of Coconut trees and forests which house butterflies, birds and flowers.
· Kashid Beach: It is situated on the Alibaug-Murud highway, about 30 km away from Alibaug.
· Mandawa: Situated 20 km north of Alibaug, many celebrities own bungalows here. The catamaran/ferry services are available from Mumbai to the Mandawa jetty.
· Nagaon beach: Located about 7 km away from Alibaug, this place is famous for coconuts and betel nuts.
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.