I like it. First time, I am hearing about Ruddy Daggerwing. Wing looks like a leaf. Thanks a lot for posting.
- mamcg (9843)
- [2016-10-28 21:36]
Excellence of wild life, nice click.
- lousat (65489)
- [2016-10-28 23:25]
Hi Ron,magnificent butterfly,on the ground seems camouflated like a dead leaf,the wings design is fantastic,a great post and the usual top sharpness. Have a nice weekend and thanks,Luciano
- Hormon_Manyer (10251)
- [2016-10-29 7:52]
Fantstic macro shot with proper flash usage, your subject's very intereting, the b-fly looks almost like a leaf. Excellent camouflage, and hats off for shooting and sharing such a nice image. Pleasant composition with perfect technicality. Breathtaking!
Kind regards from Ireland, László
- euroblinkie (64279)
- [2016-10-29 10:14]
great 3d picture with good shapness and beautiful colours
thanks gr lou
- PeterZ (49139)
- [2016-10-29 11:03]
Excellent sharp detailed macro of this striking butterfly. I think I've never seen this species. Beautiful colors in a nice composition.
- Hotelcalifornia (14408)
- [2016-10-30 12:14]
Beautiful butterfly this Ruddy Daggerwing. Well captured its colour and patterns. Very good sharpness and quite well POV.
Thanks for sharing,
- periko (1487)
- [2016-10-31 2:10]
Impressive sharpness. Excellent depth of field to emphasize this beauty.
Hello Ron – Very attractive picture of this Marpesia petreus (Ruddy Daggerwing) on a lateral shot, showing the back of the wings (which we often don’t see).
• Excellent focus on the wings and more generally on all the butterfly
• Excellent exposure with an appropriate choice of aperture/speed and iso
• Perfect depth of field and sharpness – The lateral view is a good choice – Possibly could it have be appropriate to improve the brilliance, vividness and sharpness through a moderate post processing (with your authorization, I’ve made a workshop)
• Good contrast
• Good sharpness showing all the details of the feathers
• Precise white balance and exact colour rendering for the bird
• Acceptable post processing without any excess – Maybe to improve
• Good background blur
• Background not too present.
• Interesting picture and good capture.
• Efficient framing and composition with an appropriate disposition of the subject inside the frame. Good composition in lateral capture, showing all the details of the butterfly and presenting the special aspect of the back-wings with a long spur (as for all the Marpesia )
• Interesting to discover this butterfly from Americas
Thank you for the sharing.
Have a good day.