- kobala (368)
- [2016-11-08 18:45]
Superb. The color and the sharp image.
- PeterZ (49139)
- [2016-11-09 1:55]
What a beauty! You photographed it at its best. Superb sharpness and splendid colors. Nice choice of composition. Excellent DOF.
- Hotelcalifornia (14408)
- [2016-11-09 9:09]
Beautiful butterfly. "Eyes" are very nice on its wing. Personally I don't like such BG (although I know you had no option) and I can see you had to face harsh light on leaves. Depth of field isn't such great too. I know such long zoom lens isn't good choice for butterfly.
Thanks for sharing,
- lousat (65489)
- [2016-11-09 10:18]
Hi Ron,a lovely butterfly caught from above,just the points of wings are blurred but this is the law of this kind of wings position that i know very well..ehehe...still an excellent shot very sharp despite the dark light. Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
- amanengone (2113)
- [2016-11-13 8:24]
Hello Ron – Very goog picture of this Junonia evarete . Excellent, view showing us all the details of the top of the wings. Colours from the buterfly properly caught.
• Acceptable focus on the wings
• Perfect exposure with an appropriate choice of aperture/speed and iso for the dragonfly
• Acceptable depth of field and acceptable sharpness
• Good contrast
• Photography a little bit blurred due to the point of view and, probably, also to the re cropping
• Precise white balance and exact colour rendering
• Good post processing without any excess
• Good background blur nevertheless a little bit too “present” making the photography a little bit to “complicated”.
• Interesting picture showing the body and the posture of the butterfly during his activity on the flower; good capture.
• Efficient framing and composition with an appropriate disposition of the subject in the center inside the frame
Thank you for the sharing.
Have a good day.
- Hormon_Manyer (10251)
- [2016-12-13 7:22]
Although the butterfly may be a little sharper and there's a cyan overcast on the image, the shallow depth of field and the fake colors of the background create an underwater illusion. A perfect (and rare) example how a mistake (non-adjusted white balance) can create a useful image. I like it!
Kind regards, László
- pierrefonds (12974)
- [2016-12-25 12:45]
The leaves are framing well the butterfly. The point of view is showing the details of the Tropical Buckeye butterfly. The good luminosity uis giving nice tints to the colours. Have a nice dya.