- Hotelcalifornia (13668)
- [2016-09-11 13:37]
Nice to see this species. But that's all.
Photography is an art which attract viewers and here, honestly saying it's not attractive at all. May be a species, not much posted here in TN, but I don't see an attractive composition here. POV isn't such eye catching to me too. Just can say good exposure and white balance. You are experienced and well known photographer in TN, so may be member will COMMENT on this picture thinking so many UNSEEN things, but truly saying to me it's not a worth posting from you.
One thing more, it would be more attractive NOTE if you write where and how you captured the picture; I mean situation, rather than totally Wikipedia post. My friend it's a photography site, so better to concentrate on photograph than Wikipedia NOTE.
Thanks for your posting and don't take it otherwise,
- Ishi (13387)
- [2016-09-11 15:27]
Beautiful high-resolution image of this beautiful A. specimen.
- njmv79 (692)
- [2016-09-11 22:17]
This site is to know nature through photography,
In my opinion, this is a good specimen, good frame, well shown and well explained, through your photos, through your notes.
- marius-secan (28065)
- [2016-09-12 2:30]
Not time at all to stay on TN in the last weeks.....It's an unusual image for your favorite topics.....
The colors and details are excellent as usual. Interesting and useful Photographers note.
Thanks for sharing!
- Silvio2006 (100713)
- [2016-09-12 12:57]
Ciao Luciano, impegnati di più che qui le critiche fioccano, ma tutto sommato hai riportato più roba tu dall'Islanda che io da Ventotene, dove ho beccato solo una falena, complimenti anche per l'individuazione della specie, bravissimo, ciao Silvio
- hsn6a (7637)
- [2016-09-13 0:48]
beautiful photo archangelica...
- tuslaw (19842)
- [2016-09-14 14:37]
A new plant for me which at first glance of your thumbnail image, I thought was possibly a Queen Anns Lace. I see it bears tiny filaments with little round looking heads on their ends. The focus is sharp and your white balance is right on the money, thus rendering true color tones. The exposure is perfect with no blown out areas. The two flies are a bonus. TFS.
- ana974 (4857)
- [2016-09-15 7:02]
A beautiful bridal bouquet.Do you accepts orders to send by mail? ehehehe
Thanks for sharing!
- pierrefonds (11998)
- [2016-09-18 15:34]
Le sujet est bien cadré. la prise de vue permet de voir les détails des Angelica archangelica. La bonne luminosité fait ressortir les couleurs. Bonne soirée.
- amanengone (2113)
- [2016-09-22 23:56]
Interesting picture showing the relationships between insects and that flowers unfrequently presented in Treknature.
• Acceptable focus on the whole inflorescence
• Good exposure
• Acceptable depth of field and sharpness – Possibly could it have be better to open at something like f/6 or f/8 to increase the depth of field (and use 200 to 400 iso instead of 100 iso)
• Good contrast in the inflorescence
• Acceptable sharpness showing all the details of the small flowers
• Precise white balance and exact colour rendering for the flowers (which aren’t white but slightly greenish)
• Correct post processing without too much excess
• Acceptable background blurr – But - Seems me to be slightly too « present » - In such a way, the whole picture seems me slightly too muddled.
• Interesting picture with a combination of the two world (insects and flowers); I appreciate to discover two flies on the inflorescence of this aromatic plant.
• Nice effect of repetition of the sub-inflorescences
• Acceptable framing and composition – Nevertheless, I have the feeling that the framing is slightly too tight, and the subject too close to the border of the picture on the top and the bottom. Regarding the point of view, I think that it will have be more “punchy” to shot from the side instead from the top and to make an upward shot.