Pale Clouded Yellow
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
Colias hyale, (Linnaeus, 1758)
Pale Clouded Yellow
Turkish Name: Orman Azameti Kelebeği
Distribution in Turkey: Northeast Anatolia high altitudes.
Distribution in the world: Temperate Europe (Missing in Portugal, South Italy, the Balkans, Greece), West Russia to North Kazakhstan, South Siberia, Mongolia.
Living Area: Rough, flowery places and dry hillsides, roadsides, fields of alfalfa. The mountains rising up to 2,000 meters.
Flight time: Two or three generations per year. Mid June to mid-August.
Food Plants of the caterpillar: Clovers(Trifolium), vetches(Vicia), and other legumes(Fabaeceae) caterpillars fed.
Description-Notes: Type locality : Europe. Pale Clouded Yellow is a small butterfly of the "Family Pieridae". Rare butterfly in Turkey. This fast-flying butterfly. Very similar to Berger Clouded Yellow, but forewing apex is slightly more pointed.
Wingspan: 48-58 mm long.
The origin of the Latin name: Gia Lai (Greek mythology) - one of the nymphs of Diana, goddess of vegetation.
• Berger [Southern] Clouded Yellow – Colias alfacariensis, (Ribbe, 1905)
• Eastern Pale Clouded Yellow – Colias erate, (Esper, 1805)
• Clouded [Dark] Yellow – Colias croceus, (Fourcroy, 1785)
1. Baytas A., 2007. A field guide to the butterflies of Turkey, NTV Yayinlari, Istanbul.40 pp.
2. Babochki-kavkaza’s: Lepidoptera Caucasi – Pale Clouded Yellow
3. Trakel’s: Anonymous Butterflies of Turkey – Pale Clouded Yellow
4. AdaMerOs Kelebek’s: Butterflies Watching & Photography Society in Turkey – Pale Clouded Yellow
5. Butterflies of France : Butterflies of France – Pale Clouded Yellow
6. Lepiforum.de: Help for determining the proven European butterfly species – Pale Clouded Yellow
7. UK Butterflies: UK Butterflies – Pale Clouded Yellow
8. EuroButterflies : Matt Rowlings's European Butterflies Species Page – Pale Clouded Yellow
9. Moths and Butterflies: Europe and North Africa – Pale Clouded Yellow
10. Heiner Ziegler: Species Page – Pale Clouded Yellow
Hotelcalifornia, NikosR, anel has marked this note useful
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|
- [2014-11-12 7:54]
Hi Seyfi,another rare beauty that i never seen in my country,great capture as usual,the Yellow is well exposed and very bright,fantastic detail too.Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
Hello Seyfi - Very well captured this Pale Clouded yellow butterfly. Excellent BG. Nice light and sharpness. I like its composition too. Thanks for sharing. Regards - Srikumar
Ciao Seyfi, great macro of fantastic butterfly on beautiful flower, lovely blurry BG, fine details, wonderful colors and splendid sharpness, very well done, my friend, ciao Silvio
very nice composition and good light
the colours are beautiful to
thanks gr lou
- [2014-11-12 21:51]
Great macro of Colias hyale, excellent clarity, excellent sharpness and details, very beautiful colors, very nice composition and BG color.
Thanks for sharing
Good work.Well back ground.
A beautiful butterfly and fantastic capture Seyfi
- [2014-11-15 10:25]
Not as good as usual this shot, but it shows an interesting Colias-species, which we have in our mountain-areas too. Presenttaion and composition are very typical of yours.