The Pale Clouded Yellow
|Copyright: Seyfi Karaman (KOMSIS)
|Date Taken: 2014-07-14|
|Exposure: f/7.1, 1/1250 seconds|
|Details: Tripod: Yes|
|More Photo Info: [view]|
|Photo Version: Original Version|
|Date Submitted: 2016-02-05 8:20|
|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
Colias hyale, (Linnaeus, 1758)
The Pale Clouded Yellow
Turkish Name: Orman Azameti Kelebeği
Distribution in Turkey: Northeast Anatolia high altitudes.
Distribution in the world: Temperate Europe (Missing in Portugal, South Italy, the Balkans, Greece), West Russia to North Kazakhstan, South Siberia, Mongolia.
Living Area: Rough, flowery places and dry hillsides, roadsides, fields of alfalfa. The mountains rising up to 2,700 meters.
Flight time: Two or three generations per year. Mid June to mid-August.
Food Plants of the caterpillar: Clovers(Trifolium), vetches(Vicia), and other legumes(Fabaeceae) caterpillars fed.
Description-Notes: Type locality : Europe. Pale Clouded Yellow is a small butterfly of the "Family Pieridae". Rare butterfly in Turkey. A migratory species that is found fairly rare. Colias hyale inhabits open land. This fast-flying butterfly. Very similar to Berger Clouded Yellow, but forewing apex is slightly more pointed. A similar view. Alfacariensis Colias - appearance butterflies differ slightly. The only reliable criterion - the color of the tracks, which are fourth and fifth ages in Colias hyale green, while Colias alfacariensise with rows of black spots.
Wingspan: 48-58 mm long.
The origin of the Latin name: Gia Lai (Greek mythology) - one of the nymphs of Diana, goddess of vegetation.
• Berger [Southern] Clouded Yellow – Colias alfacariensis, (Ribbe, 1905)
• Eastern Pale Clouded Yellow – Colias erate, (Esper, 1805)
• Clouded [Dark] Yellow – Colias croceus, (Fourcroy, 1785)
• Lesser Clouded Yelllow – Colias chrysotheme, (Esper, 1781)
1. Baytas A., 2007. A field guide to the butterflies of Turkey, NTV Yayinlari, Istanbul.40 pp.
2. Lepiforum.de : http://www.lepiforum.de/lepiwiki.pl?Colias_Hyale
3. Lepidoptera and their ecology»by Wolfgang Wagner : http://www.pyrgus.de/Colias_hyale_en.html
4. Lepidoptera Caucasi : http://babochki-kavkaza.ru/index.php/pieridae/41-colias-hyale---/108--colias-hyale.html
5. Moths and Butterflies of Europe : http://www.leps.it/indexjs.htm?SpeciesPages/ColiaHyale.htm
6. EuroButterflies »Matt Rowling : http://www.eurobutterflies.com/sp/hyale.php
7. Anonymous Butterflies of Turkey : http://www.trakel.org/kelebekler/[email protected]&tur=Orman%20Azameti
8. Butterflies Watching & Photography Society in Turkey : http://www.adamerkelebek.org/GozlemFoto.asp?Durum=7&FamilyaId=9&CinsId=14&TurID=30
9. Butterflies of France : http://www.butterfliesoffrance.com/html/Colias%20hyale.htm
10. UK Butterflies : http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/species.php?species=hyale
Hotelcalifornia, CeltickRanger, marius-secan has marked this note useful
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|
- [2016-02-05 8:54]
Hi Seyfi,magnificent capture of this Colias,in a classic pose.Just a bit disturbed by the blurred yellow top of daisy but absolutely perfect talking about sharpness and colors,very well done.Have a nice weekend and thanks,Luciano
- [2016-02-05 9:17]
Nice shot of a beautiful butterfly. Gorgeous light and colours,excellent sharpness details.
Very good green background. Perfectly omposition.
- [2016-02-05 9:57]
Fantastic sharp detailed macro in splendid colors and an attractive composition. Very beautiful contrasting background too.
Beautiful photograph of this Pale Clouded Yellow against such splendid BG. Excellent details with composition.
Thanks for sharing with very much important NOTE,
Beautifully coloured butterfly, fine POV and framing,
beautiful light, excellent focus, sharpness, details, TFS
very nice picture and good composition
the colours and sharpness and great
thanks gr lou
Ciao Seyfi, great macro of fantastic butterfly, fine details, splendid sharpness @and wonderful natural colors, very well done, my friend, have a good Sunday, ciao Silvio
A great example of this butterfly, one that I have yet to see. Colours and natural, focus and sharpness a very good, pity the petal gets in the way, but that nature for you.
Thanks for sharing, regards Bill.
Brilliant capture. Excellent clarity, focus and sharp details. The colors are nice and natural.
Thanks for sharing this photo.