|[Note Guidelines] Photographer's Note|
Satyrium ledereri, (Boisduval,1848)
The Orange-banded Hairstreak
Turkish Name: Küçük Benekli Sevbeni Kelebeği
Distribution in Turkey: All regions, except Marmara and Aegean.
Distribution in the world: Turkey, Samos-(Greece), Lebanon, Iran, Armenia-Transcaucasus.
Living Area: 700-1360 meters, bushy, rocky places, often in steppes.
Flight time: Early June - late July.
Food Plants of the caterpillar: Caterpillars, Prunus spinosa plant is fed with.
Description-Notes: Local and rare. Also note the two small black discodial spots on underside of forewing. Experience local and rare. The female and male wing top colors are dark gray-brown. There are orange spots on the lower-wing females. Turkey Central Anatolia and Eastern Anatolia species, hindwing has one long tail. Resembles a blue. Identifed by a submarginal band of well-separeted orange spots as well as two white-ringed black discoidal spots on hindwing and a postmedian band of white-ringed black spots on both wings. Also note the two small black discoidal spots on underside of forewing.
Endangerment factors: Satyrium ledereri is at great risk: Tourism, fire, grazing and close confinement of the habitat.
Wingspan: 28-34 mm long.
• The Hyrcanian Hairstreak – Satyrium hyrcanicum, (Riley, 1939)
• The Banded Hairstreak - Satyrium calanus, (Hübner, )
• Spanish Purple Hairstreak – Laeosopis roboris, (Esper, )
•– Nordmannia herzi (Fixsen, 1887).
•– Neolycaena rhymnus (Eversmann, 1832)
1. Baytas A., 2007. A field guide to the butterflies of Turkey, NTV Yayinlari, Istanbul.58 pp.
2. Lepiforum.de : http://www.lepiforum.de/lepiwiki.pl?Satyrium_Ledereri
3. Moths and Butterflies : http://www.leps.it/indexjs.htm?SpeciesPages/SatyrLeder.htm
4. AdaMerOs Kelebek TR : http://www.adamerkelebek.org/GozlemFoto.asp?Durum=7&CinsId=24&TurId=109&FamilyaId=7
5.EuroButterflies» by Matt Rowlings: http://www.eurobutterflies.com/sp/ledereri.php
6. www.euroleps.ch» by Heiner Ziegler: http://www.euroleps.ch/seiten/s_art.php?art=lyc_ledereri
8. Lepidoptera and their ecology»by Wolfgang Wagner : http://www.pyrgus.de/Satyrium_ledereri_en.html
Hotelcalifornia has marked this note useful
Only registered TrekNature members may rate photo notes.
|You must be logged in to start a discussion.|
- [2015-10-28 7:45]
Another beauty! Fantastic sharp detailed picture of this butterfly in splendid colours and a fine composition. Beautiful blurry background too.
- [2015-10-28 10:26]
I like these little butterflys and they seems to have a nice variety of patterns on their wings. Nicely captured with good a DOF.
- [2015-10-28 10:35]
Hi Seyfi,another great surprine in the gallery of rare wonders,absolutely perfect this capture as usual,very bright and sharp,perfect to discover the design of this small lycaeneide.Have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
great sharpness and nice composition
the BG and colours are beautiful
thanks gr lou
Ciao Seyfi, great macro of lovely small butterfly, wonderful natural colors, splendid sharpness and fine details, very well done my friend, ciao Silvio
- [2015-10-30 11:44]
Perfect close-up of this nice butterfly.
Excellent detail and focus. Amazing colors and nicely blurred background.
Very good work.
excellent capture with very sharp details, great pose and POV
beautiful colors and light
have a good night
Beautiful butterfly photograph. Very well captured against such well managed blurred BG. Excellent details and nicely framed.
Thanks for sharing with useful NOTE,