- kobala (368)
- [2016-11-10 20:17]
good one. I always found it difficult to get a sharp image of dragonfly due the chaotic motion of its wings. the right shutter speed makes a difference. Sharp one. Thanks a lot for sharing.
- PeterZ (49139)
- [2016-11-11 2:31]
Excellent sharp detailed picture of this dragonfly in beautiful natural colors. Taken from an attractive POV.
- Hotelcalifornia (14404)
- [2016-11-11 9:19]
Well captured this Dragonfly against perfect BG. Sharp and well detailed; clearly visible housefly. Well exposure too.
Thanks for sharing,
Best regards and have a nice WE,
- lousat (65415)
- [2016-11-11 12:24]
Hi Ron,fantastic capture of this lovely dragonfly,its colors are amazing! The top quality of sharpenss and exposure,2 points are not enough..hehe...have a nice weekend and thanks,Luciano
- ramthakur (56953)
- [2016-11-12 0:45]
Delightful image of this colorful dragonfly having a meal of a fly, Ron.
Pin sharp focus and amazing DOF.
I have seen and captured a dragonfly eating another one of a different species.
- NikosR (3436)
- [2016-11-12 10:23]
It is realy very impressive shot of dragonfly at the right moment of cathing a house fly,very nice comosition, very nice blurring BG, great DOF, very good sharpness and clerity.
- amanengone (2113)
- [2016-11-13 8:14]
Hello Ron – Very goog picture of this Erythemis simplicicollis . Excellent, view showing us all the details of the body. Colours from the dragonfly properly caught.
• Acceptable focus on the body
• Perfect exposure with an appropriate choice of aperture/speed and iso for the dragonfly
• Perfect depth of field and acceptable sharpness
• Good contrast
• Photography a little bit blurred due to the point of view and, probably, also to the re cropping
• Precise white balance and exact colour rendering
• Good post processing without any excess
• Good background blur giving us a proper perception of the dragonfly.
• Interesting picture showing the body and the posture of the dragonfly during his meal; good capture.
• Efficient framing and composition with an appropriate disposition of the subject in the center inside the frame
• Good capture of the movement of the wings.
Thank you for the sharing.
Have a good day.